Stone Bridge Pony Club & Horsemanship sessions!
Meadowvale hosts Stone Bridge pony club. The Pony club is run independently of Meadowvale farm, but meetings and horsemanship lessons are coordinated to be open for all (not just pony club members)
Contact Allison Moore at [email protected] about joining Pony Club!
~ Local meetings / horsemanship lessons are held alternate Sundays ~
SCHEDULE for the 1st quarter 2019:
January 27th 1:30 to 3:30 – Introductory meeting - Free (for non members too)
- Information session &
- Information will be provided about pony club and activities etc as
well as how to join Pony Club.
handling – learn safe practices for handling horses, equine body
language (recommended before lunging clinic)
February 10 – Lunging Clinic (Advanced registration required - Non members $ 30
- Times to be scheduled based on
registrations and numbers)
- How to lunge, equipment, body language, the
lunging session, (Advanced session: lunging with side reins and training aids
- This will be a practical session and will be
divided into introductory level and intermediate level lunging
- To register email Stephanie C or Allison M and tell us your
February 24th - First aid and bandaging - $15
- Types of wounds, how to treat, when to call the vet;
types of bandages, how to apply them, concerns with bandaging
March 1, 2, 3rd – Pony Club Winter Camp (Off site - Regional - Pony Club Only)
- For Pony Club members only - contact Allison for registration
March 10 – Vet & Teeth - $15 non PC
- Signs of a healthy pony, sick pony, lameness; dental care, types of teeth, aging a horse by teeth
March 24th – Stable management - $ 15
- Stable keeping, pastures, scheduling, bedding and vices
April 7th - Shoeing and corking - $15
- Care of the horses feet, types and features of shoes, types and uses of corks)
WHAT IS PONY CLUB?
Pony club is an national (and international) organization recognized in many countries around the world. Pony club teaches all aspects of horsemanship including a variety of riding disciplines, all aspects of knowledge of caring for horses, maintaining health and fitness, competing, responding to injuries, stable management, etc.
Branch activities (Stone bridge pony club at Meadowvale) include meetings (info clinics), PPG games practice, etc
Regional activities include Clinics, camps, competitions (Mounted games, Triathalon etc), Quiz, etc